martes, 24 de mayo de 2011

The "afghan girl"

Hello!
I like to take photographs. I have a digital camera. In university a have a asignature “Taller de fotografia”, I like it. I am making a photographic report about Means of transport. I take photos in the subway, in the Transantiago, in metrotren…

I am sure that you know my favourite picture because it is very famous.  


My favourite photograph is the more famous front cover of the magazine “National Geographic”, because it is very expressive. When I saw this photograph I never forget it.

This enigmatic girl was a front cover of Jun 1985 in the magazine “National Geographic”


The woman in the photograph is Sharbat Gula, a afghan girl. The photographer that took this photography is Steve McCurry, a important American photographer. In 1985 he took this picture in a refugee camp in Pakistan. 


The most important of the picture is the expression in the eyes of the girl. You can see in her eyes the difficult live in hers country. 


The picture of Sharbat is a symbol of the tragedy in Afganistan. 


When this picture was took, the girls was 14 years old. Now Sharbat is 30 years old. The photographer found her and he took portraits again. Now the face of the girl is very changed and battered. But, her eyes are the same…. With the same expression.   


The girl has been called "the Gioconda of the 21ST century”. I like this picture because when I see I try to imagine what she want to tell  me. The girl is very enigmatic, With this eyes she can say so many things….
Seeing their eyes I can imagine their pain, anguish.

2 comentarios:

  1. I remember this photo. It's a of my favorites.
    I remember this hystory and how to find the afghan girl. It's fantastic!
    I think that in a first plane can to represent the sensation of a country, like in this picture.
    Good choice!

    See you later!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like your photographs for the report :D In fact, the photos on the subway are great. You know that!!!
    This photograph in interesting.

    ResponderEliminar